Our 15 Step Method for a Great Looking, Long Lasting Paint Job
1. We survey the entire job. We determine exactly what has to be done, how it will be done, and organize the job accordingly.
2. Washing is done as needed to ensure proper adhesion of coatings.
3. Properly protect large areas not to be painted with drop cloths, and poly plastic such as floors, furniture, etc. inside, and landscaping, driveway, etc. outside.
4. Remove small items such as light switch plates, house numbers, mailbox
etc. toinsure all areas are properly prepared and painted.
5. Scrape and sand loose paint/stain and other imperfections.
6. Reset and reputty loose nails.
7. For a cleaner, more finished appearance, caulk cracks where necessary
and fill holes and other imperfections as needed.
8. Seal watermarks, and other blemishes that could “bleed through” later.
9. Prime as needed. Sometimes only spot priming is needed in bare and spackled areas while other situations call for a full prime coat.
10. If painting windows, replace loose or missing window glazing.
11. We now apply a finish using top quality materials.
12. At this point, we do a thorough inspection to insure the job meets our quality standards and then make improvements as needed.
13. Remove masking, drop cloths, and other protection, and replace items removed earlier.
14. Remove all equipment and materials used for project and do thorough clean-up.
15. Label and leave touch up paint for future convenience.